This project is read-only.

New ideas

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2007 at 11:06 PM
If you have any new ideas for web parts (with advanced :) functionality), share them here.
Jun 4, 2008 at 9:54 AM
I would like to have webpart which:
- creates entity-relationships model
- from sql-database table:
----------------------------------------
entity     kind_of_relation ...    entity1
----------------------------------------
- brainstorm-like (Enciclopedia Britanica)
- adds,moves, deletes entities by Drag-Drop
- each entity contains set of atrributes given from sql-table
- each entity has sublevel-entites

Could you create such webpart?

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2008 at 12:30 PM
This is out-of-scope of this webparts project. Also I don't know is SharePoint good starting point for such modeling tool. Sorry. :)

frg1 wrote:
I would like to have webpart which:
- creates entity-relationships model
- from sql-database table:

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:04 AM
  1. Organigram web part (silverlight) and not the same as the one in the blueprint, configurable for say the whole organisation (management reporting structures), down to department organigrams, with the ability to click through to the individuals profile (say in MySite). Something graphically nice (silverlight/wpf) yet following the traditionally accepted method for representing org structure.
  2. Whats Hot (but flashy, silverlight and ajax) - probably a little ambitious, as you would probably need to integrate with usage analysis, but say for a site collection, what is popular and getting alot of hits. Could roll up items into their logical hierachy structures (site hierarchy), and as you click through you can find out what is popular in a site (could span: discussions, documents, forms, lists, etc)
  3. Whats New - same as above but for recently added or changed content.

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2008 at 10:50 AM
Great ideas!

1) I just checked the Blueprint version and it is pretty cool. Still traditional organigram would be better for corporate intranets etc.
2) This could be worth considering. I don't know how good usage reporting features there are in MOSS without third party software. For internet-sites I have been mainly using Google Analytics.
3) This is easier to implement.