Security Error in Rating Webpart

Apr 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM
Sharepoint Spanish
Apr 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM
Hi, when I try to create a Rating Webpart, appears the following message:

No se pueden agregar los elementos web seleccionados. Page Rating - No se puede mostrar ni importar un elemento Web o un control de formulario web en esta página, no se encontro el tipo o bien esta registrado como seguro. My sharepoint server is in Spanish.
Coordinator
May 4, 2009 at 10:02 AM
Babelfish translation:
The selected elements cannot be added Web. Page Rating - it is possible to be shown neither to concern an element Web or a control of form Web in this page, not encontro the registered type or this like segur.

This could be related to Safe Controls registration. We will investigate this further...
May 5, 2009 at 6:55 AM
Hello,

I've got also problems with the rating webpart.
The following message appears:

Unable to add selected web part(s).

Page Rating: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type could not be found or it is not registered as safe.

Can someone help me with this?
Coordinator
May 5, 2009 at 7:33 AM
Hello!

Is the Accordion Navigation web part working in your environment? Both Page Rating and Accordion use AjaxToolkit, and if AjaxToolkit is not registered, error may happen. Can you please test this first.

-Mikko
May 5, 2009 at 8:04 AM

When I want to add or view the Accordion Navigation Webpart, the following message appears:

File Not Found / An error occured when previewing the Web Part.

And how can I register the AjaxToolkit?

Stefan

Coordinator
May 5, 2009 at 8:25 AM
Do you have SharePoint SP1 installed and .NET Framework 3.5?
May 5, 2009 at 8:35 AM
Yes, and i've just installed the latest AjaxToolkit (SharePoint.Ajax.3.0.2.zip), but the page rating webpart gives the same error message...

System:

Windows Server 2008
Desktop Experience feature
SharePoint Server 2007 SP1
Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Ajax Extensions 1.0
Silverlight 2.0
Silverlight 2.0 SDK
Coordinator
May 5, 2009 at 9:13 AM
One last question: are the Ajax Extensions properly configured? Here is good guide for this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb861898.aspx

Note: If you are using .NET Framework 3.5, change the version number in each of the XML code samples from Version=1.0.61025.0 to Version=3.5.0.0.

Take backups of your web.config files before modifying files.

I must admit that we need to add this step to installation instructions. :)

May 5, 2009 at 11:56 AM
Yes, i configured them in the web.config with the latest version number.
Still no succes with the Rating Webpart

I try to uninstall / install it again, but no luck...
May 5, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Dear Mikko:

I have the same problem of Stefan, my configuration is the following:

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
SharePoint Server 2007 SP1
Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Ajax Extensions 1.0
Silverlight 2.0

but I can´t install the rating web part, appears the same error of Stefan (in Spanish) and I can't Install the Accordion Navigation, appears the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.20820.16598, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.20820.16598, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.20820.16598, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
   CodePlex.WebParts.AccordionNaviWebPart.CreateChildControls() +0
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +44
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

How I can do?

I wait for your response.
Thanks.

Coordinator
May 6, 2009 at 9:51 AM
Hello!

I checked the current installation package and noticed that for some reason AjaxControlToolkit dll is missing from it. I'll fix this for next 0.9.6 release.

We try to get 0.9.6. released this week. Thanks to both of you for reporting this bug.

-Mikko

Coordinator
May 6, 2009 at 9:53 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
May 25, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Dear Mikko:

How I can Install the last versión of AjaxControlToolkit (3.0.30512.17815)  in Sharepoint 2007? because I search this information in Codeplex but I can´t found.

May 27, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Dear Mikko:

How I can Install the last version of AjaxControlToolkit (3.0.30512.17815)  in Sharepoint 2007? because I search this information in Codeplex but I can´t found.

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Hello, Sorry for late response. We have been busy creating the next release.

You can download the AjaxControlToolkit from web and install it manually to GAC. Also remember to create the SafeControls tag in web.config. The next version of Advanced WebParts does all this automatically, if you can wait for a while.

We are currently having problems with SharePoint SP2. When these are solved, we will release next version.

Jun 8, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Dear Mikko:

Where I can found a little manual about the intallation of AjaxControlToolkit in the GAC and the configuration in the web.config.?

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Dear Mikko:

Where I can found a little manual about the intallation of AjaxControlToolkit in the GAC and the configuration in the web.config.?

Jun 25, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I'm looking for the same information :)...

Jun 30, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Dear Mikko:

when I can found the new version 0.9.6 released with AjaxControlToolkit fixed?