Dynamic Roll Up

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:18 AM
hi,
I want to make dynamic roll up in MOSS 2007.
Let me give you some brief regarding dynamic roll up : What I mean by dynamic rollup is the ability to summarize counts of records based on any metatdata (e.g. Practice Group, Office, Job or Requisition).  I know this can be accomplished with views provided every possible combination is predefined.  What I am looking for is the ability to do this rollup on the fly.

A compound rollup would be multiple selections (e.g. Job by Office by Practice Group).  From the rollups the user would have the ability to expand the details.  The user should also have the ability to export to Excel.<o:p>
</o:p>

Reference 1:<o:p> </o:p>
Recruiting Candidates by Practice Group<o:p>
</o:p>

(+) Software Development (20)<o:p></o:p>
                    (+) Management Consulting (15)<o:p></o:p>
                    (+) Network Integration (35)<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

In the final list, all of the Recruiting Records will have the same metatdata fields.  I am in the process of finalizing the list.  You may assume that I will provide you the final list and any default values for missing metadata field for the migration effort.

Can u help me in this case....????/

Reply me ASAP

Regards,

Kirti

<o:p></o:p>

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2008 at 11:37 AM
Hello!

I have been away for a while. I don't think I can help with this. Seems to me you could use DataView webpart or Content Query webpart to accomplish this.