Which source code I should download?

Jun 30, 2008 at 7:38 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2008 at 7:39 PM
Hi
I am trying to download the source code including solution or project files, so far non of them works for me, I got an error said " The project file is not a valid project file, the project file is missing 'VisualStudioProject' section".

I do not have VS 2008, so I am trying to download any VS 2003 or VS 2005 source code to change the WebPart admin user interface to add a drop down for Language choice, any advice will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Stephen
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2008 at 11:32 AM
Hello!

The project was created with VS 2008 so you can't open it with VS 2005 or 2003. Sorry. You may be able to convert to old format but it needs some work:

1) Create new VS 2005 web parts project.
2) Copy-paste web part code to project from code files.
3) Fix code that uses new features.

btw. you can always try Visual C# 2008 Express if it can open the project!

stephen888 wrote:
Hi
I am trying to download the source code including solution or project files, so far non of them works for me, I got an error said " The project file is not a valid project file, the project file is missing 'VisualStudioProject' section".

I do not have VS 2008, so I am trying to download any VS 2003 or VS 2005 source code to change the WebPart admin user interface to add a drop down for Language choice, any advice will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Stephen