Advance Webpart SlideShow

May 19, 2008 at 11:16 AM
Hi,
I am not able to find any javascript files which u have mentioned in your project sample.
So from where i can get those files.

Coordinator
May 24, 2008 at 11:21 PM
Hello!

All javascript files can be found from "<moss hive>\template\layouts\codeplex\" directory.

kirti wrote:
Hi,
I am not able to find any javascript files which u have mentioned in your project sample.
So from where i can get those files.

May 31, 2008 at 6:02 AM
Hi,
Cool !. Got the solution and integrated in Webpart.

I want to give one idea for future regarding SlideShow Wepbart. You gave the solution only for Images. Now i want to integrate Video also by using javascript.
It is possible in Visual Studio 2008 because <asp:MediaPlayer> control for silverlight application is given for creating Video Strip.
Let me give you sample so you can have better idea.
http://quickstarts.asp.net/Futures/Silverlight/media.aspx visit this url.
I hope you will understand what i mean to say.
Reply me ASAP

Coordinator
May 31, 2008 at 10:50 AM
Hi!

I am glad you get the Slideshow working.

Also the media player idea is great. It would be really cool to have SharePoint library with all the video files and a player that could play them. So I'll do it! The new web part will be in 1.0 release and target release date for that is in the end of June.

-Mikko

Jun 6, 2008 at 7:37 AM
Hi,
I have integrated your Slideshow in webpart. but i m not able to see the buttons collectino (first ,last , full screen etc.)
So what changes i have to made for displaying buttons on my slideshow webpart. ?
Reply me ASAP

- Kirti
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2008 at 6:01 PM
Hello,
What do you have in buttonOptions property?
Jun 7, 2008 at 6:26 AM
Hi Mikko,
I got the solution.
I have made some changes in your javascript and i am able to see the buttonPane now in my webpart.
Thanks for replying me immediately.

When will u release your updated webpart with video as i have given you the reference site.

- Kirti
Coordinator
Jun 7, 2008 at 9:52 AM
Hi, I am glad you get it working. :)

I try to get the video player web part ready by the end of this month. However, I am also quite busy with other projects so there may be some delay.

If you have time, it would be great if you could do some testing for the web part.

kirti wrote:
Hi Mikko,
I got the solution.
I have made some changes in your javascript and i am able to see the buttonPane now in my webpart.

When will u release your updated webpart with video as i have given you the reference site.

- Kirti

Jun 27, 2008 at 6:31 AM
Hi,
is there any update in video player web part as u said....

- kirti

MikkoSalmi wrote:
Hi, I am glad you get it working. :)

I try to get the video player web part ready by the end of this month. However, I am also quite busy with other projects so there may be some delay.

If you have time, it would be great if you could do some testing for the web part.

kirti wrote:
Hi Mikko,
I got the solution.

- Kirti

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2008 at 9:47 AM
The video player will be in next release. I won't use the futures ASP .NET control, but player that comes with Expression Media.
Jul 9, 2008 at 2:06 PM
hi,
is there any update in video player web part....because you told me that it will be completed in the end of june....reply me ASAP

- kirti
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2008 at 5:33 PM
Yes! It is almost done. There was some minor issues mainly with player layout but they are now solved. I already posted the code to source control and screenshot to the wiki. Stay tuned for the release!
Jul 10, 2008 at 1:41 PM
Hi,
Great work.
But i m not able to see the player in my site when i deployed the webpart.
I got an error like below :

Silverlight error message
Error Code : 2104
ErrorType: Initialize Error
Message: Could not download the Silverlight application. Check web server settings.

I have already add the MIME type for .xap, .xaml file....
still i m not able to see the player in webpart...
Can u help me for this one...it would be great if u can..

- kirti

MikkoSalmi wrote:
Yes! It is almost done. There was some minor issues mainly with player layout but they are now solved. I already posted the code to source control and screenshot to the wiki. Stay tuned for the release!

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2008 at 9:24 PM
Can you check from <MOSS HIVE> --> Layouts --> CodePlex --> VideoPlayerWebPart directory if it contains files. There should be one xaml-file and several javascript files?

Also you could try to open xaml file directly from browser, something like: http://server/_layouts/CodePlex/VideoPlayerWebPart/VideoPlayer.xaml. You should be able to get the file from that url if settings are correct.

I also tried to search Google for this. It could be some error related to Silverlight version...

Jul 11, 2008 at 6:08 AM
We have attempted to use the SlideShow webpart with unexpected results.  The Slideshow webpart is running on a site which includes a mapping to the internet.  While displayed on default (intranet) site, the webpart is exposed and contains viewable output .  However, while viewing the Internet view of the site the webpart display is blank .  Both browers are updated to Silverlight 2.0.30523.6 

Any suggestion would be appreciated

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2008 at 12:20 PM
Edited Jul 12, 2008 at 12:27 PM
I try to check this out. I opened new work item: 2724.
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2008 at 5:35 PM
kirti: is your video source encoded with Expression Media Encoder 2?
Jul 14, 2008 at 6:01 AM
Hi Mikko,
I have applied your source code without making any changes.
I am using 2.0 Framework.
Still i am not getting output in silverlight.
Webpart is deployed successfully....but i dont know what would be the error.
Can you do me favor for this????
Waiting for you reply...its an urgent....

- Kirti

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2008 at 7:45 PM
kirti: is your video source encoded with Expression Media Encoder 2? It is required.