Issues with 0.7 release

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2007 at 10:04 PM
I am pretty sure that there will be problems with this release. Let's collect them all here in this thread.

The installation is pretty tricky. If you get error from webparts when adding it to page then there is probably wrong in your environment.

Checklist:
1) SP1? AJAX Extensions? Configured web.config correctly?
2) Is AjaxControlToolkit.dll in GAC?
3) Is SafeControls list ok in web.config?

Good luck.

Jan 31, 2008 at 3:03 AM
Edited Jan 31, 2008 at 3:03 AM
Mikko, works fine when adding via site menu, but fails with error below when adding control in Sharepoint Designer.

Error Creating Control - AccordionNaviWebPart2
Cannot create an object of type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' from its string representation '' for the 'ScriptManager' property.

This is probably a simple one to resolve, as the scriptmanager property is an empty string. Thought I would ask if you had encountered this before researching myself.
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2008 at 10:13 AM
Thanks for reporting! Actually I haven't tested the web parts with SharePoint Designer at all (I am more oldschool "edit with Notepad"-type guy). I'll open new workitem and check this out.
Jan 31, 2008 at 12:09 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2008 at 12:22 PM
I am relatively new to the Sharepoint scene.

Although the accordion panel is active, all the links actually point to the "Site Content" area, not the address to the page like the built-in nav. For example, if I expand Documents and click Shared Documents, it takes me to the site content page but showing just document libraries. Now I did just install it (testing) in the main page content area, I haven't yet made a new page with it as the primary navigation.

Secondly, I would like to make a recommendation. The "show all" feature is nice, but would be even better if you could toggle it on/off in the web part settings panel.

Finally, do you plan to make the source code available at some point?
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2008 at 2:22 PM
I'll check this out.

And thanks for the feature recommendation. I will add it to next version.

Oh and the source code is in the repository. Current version may be broken because I started converting it to VS 2008 but otherwise everything should be fine. Also there is new webpart in progress "Silverlight Slideshow".
Feb 29, 2008 at 5:26 PM
I can't add the accordian nav to a page. Ajax Toolkit is installed, I have SP1 and I checked my webconfig and the CodePlex.webparts is in SafeControls.

As it is my VPC, I also have my trust level set to full.

I also cannot add the ratings webpart.

All Sharepoint gives me for either is that all too annoying "Unable to add selected web part(s) Cannot import this webpart" error.

The ticker loaded, but all it gives me is undefined even though I added Announcements for the List, Title for the Title, and Body for the Description. I removed the Link field.

any help is appreciated:)

Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 29, 2008 at 7:02 PM
Thanks for posting. Probably others have problems too but they are too shy to post. :)

First, go to http://server/_layouts/newdwp.aspx. Are webparts available in the list? Try adding them from the list and re-test.

Link field is currently mandatory, so Ticker probably starts working if you add that to your list. I'll probably change this in future.

The full installation procedure is pretty complex and I haven't tested that from scratch for this current release. I plan to do that tomorrow.

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:57 AM
Thanks for these webparts.

Though I have deployed and installed them successfully but like the others --- I am having problem with Accordion and Rating.

Please advise what to do.